To register for the conference, please click here
Dates: Thursday, April 2 – Saturday, April 4, 2020
Location: ACM CHIL 2020 will be held at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel located at 123 Queen Street West, Toronto ON M5H 2M9.
We are pleased to have negotiated a room block for attendees at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel for a discounted rate.
A number of rooms are being offered at this rate on a first come first serve basis until Thursday, March 12th, after which room rates are subject to change.
Please use one of the following three methods to book a room:
- Contact the Reservations Centre at 1-888-627-7175 with the group name Association for Computing Machinery ACM CHIL Annual Meeting, OR
- Use the group code AZ4 to make reservations online, OR
- Use this weblink to book.
Other local accommodation:
Getting to the Sheraton
The nearest subway stations are Osgood Station (0.1 miles W from the hotel), and Queen Station (0.1 miles E from the hotel). If you are coming from Union Station, take Line 1 University and get off at Osgoode Station.
Potential routes include 301 Queen (all night) and 501 Queen. Queen St. W at York St is the nearest stop to the hotel.
Uber and Lyft are both available in Toronto. Enter “Sheraton Centre Toronto” or “123 Queen St W” as your destination.
From Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ):
Take Highway 427 South to Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) East, merge onto Gardiner Expressway East. Exit on York Street and head north. Turn right onto Queen Street. The hotel will be on your right.
Take the UP Express train from Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to Union Station. Follow signs for “Train to City” at the airport. From Union Station, you may take the subway, rideshare, or taxi to the Sheraton Centre.
From Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ):
Take the Gardiner Expressway East and exit at York Street. Follow York Street north and turn right onto Queen Street West. THe hotel will be on your right.
Take a free shuttle bus from Billy Bishop Airport to the Fairmont Royal York, which is across from Union Station. From Union Station, take the subway, rideshare, or taxi to the Sheraton Centre.
*Note: Valet parking is $52 CAD daily.
Breakfast will be served during registration on April 3rd and 4th.
Additional nearby breakfast and/or lunch spots include:
- Cafe Crepe
- Momofuku Noodle Bar
- Queen Street Warehouse
- Planta Queen
- Pizzeria Libretto
- Little Anthony’s
- Cactus Club Cafe
- Locale Mercatto
- … and more
ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
For visa support letters, refer all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you are registering for. Only accepted authors may request a visa support letter prior to registering for the conference.
- Your registration confirmation number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”
- Authors may indicate their paper title. If no paper, speakers can provide the title of their presentation